The Old Bridge Carrick-on-Suir
The Old Bridge is situated at the end of Bridge Street, off the Main Street. This seven arched bridge dates back to the mid 15th. Century. It predates the voyage of Columbus to the New World. Originally built in c.1447 by Edmund MacRichard Butler it was for centuries the first bridge above the estuary and hence strategically important as a link between south Leinster and east Munster.